Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2022

Pin It

Widgets

Oct. 27th ~ National American Beer Day

I think I lean toward American Beers every day but the thought that today is "National American Beer Day" gave me pause for thought.


To celebrate I decided to buy a beer I hadn't tried yet.  Being very frugal, I chose one that had an Ibotta rebate attached.


My Bill always loved Miller Lite.  Once we got married it turned into Milwaulkee's Best or Keystone.  Every now and then we'd splurge but usually it was what we could afford.

One time we bought a keg because I'd "run the numbers" and it would be cheaper to have a keg.  It was an absolutely wonderful couple of days until the keg ran dry and the party ended.  We - umm, I - didn't do that again.



Today brought back a lot of memories of drinking beer with my best friend who was also my husband.  I'm not sure what he's drinking in Heaven but I'm behaving myself and trying something new on "National American Beer Day".

On a side note - thinking of American beer always makes me think of "Nati" - Natural Light beer and then my mind goes on to Walker Hayes' song "Fancy Like" which then makes me think of my daughter Ginger and her husband Adam.  (Don't you love the way my mind works?")

Thanks for visiting ~ Reia


No comments: