Pages

Monday, October 24, 2022

Pin It

Widgets

Oct. 24th ~ National Food / Bologna Day

National Food Day was celebrated for the first time in 1975.  The day was created by the CSPI (Center for Science and Public Interest).


Photo by Anna Pelzer on Unsplash


It was supposed to be like "Earth Day" and focused on educating people about healthy eating, good farming methods, etc.  I try to eat healthy, but I certainly wouldn't be the poster child for "National Food Day".  I do love a good salad though - honest!


In fact, I wanted to write about "National Bologna Day" but didn't buy any in time to take pictures or get the recipe for this "Bologna and Cream Cheese" cake.  Yes, it's a thing.




So, here's the 1973 commercial floating around in my head as I thought about my post for "National Bologna Day".


Oscar Meyer Commercial - 1973 


Thanks for visiting on this day that's all about food ~ Reia

No comments: