Pages

Saturday, November 7, 2015

Pin It

Widgets

Thankful for ~ my St. Stephen Catholic Church Family

I've been at St. Stephen Catholic Church in Hinesville, GA since September 2010.  I haven't missed a Sunday since arriving.  I've fallen in love with the people and what they do.

Let me tell you a few reasons why...

1)  It's happening now - Thanksgiving Boxes.  Paper bags with items needed are on a table in the Narthex.  Paper bags containing the items needed are constantly being brought back.  In a few weeks the youth will fill the multitude of boxes with the items to make a full Thanksgiving Dinner (to include the turkey).  Many families will be blessed.  That's huge to me!



2)  As soon as the Thanksgiving Boxes go to needy homes - the Angel Tree will be up. These same giving people that filled the Thanksgiving Boxes will take paper angels off the tree and go buy the items families need for Christmas.  It's all secret so dignity is kept.  We had a really rough year a few years ago and were recipients of the Angel Tree.  I can't tell you how much help it was.


3)  Christmas at St. Stephen's - is meaningful and beautiful!  While it's a marathon for me as the Music Director, it's keeps the miracle of Christmas ever present.

Rehearsals leading up to our Joint Choir Christmas Concert and then the Masses begin.  Children's Christmas Eve Mass at 5pm, Concert before Midnight Christmas Eve Mass begins, Christmas Eve Mass, Christmas Day Mass, St. Stephen Day on the 26th (The song Good King Wenceslas makes more sense now), Sunday Masses then a break until two Masses on New Years' Eve and New Year's Day Mass.  Whew!  We sing a LOT from Dec. 24th through Jan. 1st!


St. Stephen Catholic Church - is full of loving, giving people that accepted me over five (5) years ago and allowed me to "jump in" and give along with them.  I've just mentioned two (2) months worth of activities.  There are many more...Winterfest, Youth Group, Craft Days, the Meditation Garden, Men's Club providing us Boston Butts and Chicken Dinners as fundraisers and a lot more.


Thanks for visiting and feel free to visit St. Stephen Catholic Church in person.  You'll find me at the keyboard above - my special little corner of the world.  Reia

No comments: