Pages

Friday, November 6, 2015

Pin It

Widgets

Thankful for ~ My Piano Students and their Families

Today (& every day actually) I'm thankful for my piano students and their families.  Here's love pouring out to my students & their families!

0066 by RLFilipkowski, on Flickr
by  RLFilipkowski 

I've met and spent time with so many wonderful families.  They've enriched my life and I've learned so much from them.

There really aren't adequate words for the love I've experienced from them.  Whether in their home or my studio - our weekly visits contain way more than instruction time.

Creative Commons Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic License
Here are some of the things I've learned and experienced...

1)  Look in your flip flops before you stick your foot in them - there might be a fake but oh so real looking tarantula waiting to surprise you... and it did.

2)  Be prepared, encourage and celebrate the "light bulbs" going off in the minds of students.  It's a fabulous experience and makes the hard work worth it for all involved.

3)  Everyone learns in a different way.  Find each student's way to learn and build your lesson around their way.  It's more work but the rewards are gold!

4)  When teaching in homes, you get to enjoy the family pets as well as the families.  I've met some precious puppies, kittens, gerbils, fish, big dogs, little dogs, cats that sit and stare at you while you teach, puppies that would love to be in your lap or sit patiently at your feet.  I wouldn't trade these experiences for anything!

5)  You get amazing gifts from your students.  I've been given seashells, artwork, candy, pencils, rocks, you name it - if it's important to a young person, it's been lovingly given to me.

There are many other things that I've learned and experienced but I'll keep this post brief.

6)  I've learned that if you let people know you truly, truly care about them - the following quote is true.  Here's to turning a life around - my life gets turned around every week & I love it!


“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a
listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all
of which have the potential to turn a life around.” 


Thanks for visiting ~ Reia

No comments: