Pages

Monday, July 1, 2019

Pin It

Widgets

The Books in My Life ~ Dale Carnegie's Lifetime Plan for Success

I love books!  I mean you could lock me away in a library and I'd be a happy person!  Here are a few I've read often mixed in with some I'll read next.



Tonight I chose to read some of "Dale Carnegie's Lifetime Plan for Success".  I can create a lot of posts from this book.  Thank you to one of my daughters for giving me this book one Christmas.  It's a really good book!



I'll give you something from Chapter 1 to think about.  I know I'm thinking about it.

Chapter 1 - "If You Want to Gather Honey, Don't Kick Over the Beehive".  Principle 1 - Don't criticize, condemn or complain.

The entire chapter is good - here's an excerpt..."Instead of condemning people, let's try to understand them.  Let's try to figure out why they do what they do.  That's a lot more profitable and intriguing than criticism; and it breeds sympathy, tolerance and kindness."

"To know all is to forgive all."

I need these words in my life right now.  The word "tolerance" hits my heart.  I need to be more tolerant.  The definition of "tolerance" is "the ability or willingness to tolerate something, in particular the existence of opinions or behavior that one does not necessarily agree with."  Yes, I need these words right now.

Thanks for visiting ~ Reia





No comments: