Pages

Monday, October 22, 2012

Pin It

Widgets

Today's Southern Journey - Pembroke, Georgia

Today I was able to visit one of my favorite local Southern towns - Pembroke, Georgia.  About 25 miles from our home and yet I feel like I've entered a different era each time I visit it.

Pembroke is the county seat of Bryan County.  According to http://pembrokega.net/history.html - "As was true for so many small towns of the rural South, Pembroke's inception was dependent upon the railroad.  It was one of the lucky sites, inasmuch as the 'train stopped there.'"



I was able to get a photo of the caboose that sits in the city park downtown.
    

I also took photos of a painting I love. 


Every time I visit Pembroke and see this painting, I smile.

Thanks for letting me share Today's Journey to Pembroke, Georgia with you.

Reia



No comments: