Pages

Thursday, April 4, 2019

Pin It

Widgets

Apples of Gold ~ Proverbs 25:11

If you've been around me, you know I love books.


There are a few books that - no matter how many times I moved - they traveled with me - always.  I re-discovered one of them last night.

Apples of Gold by Jo Petty

My parents gave me the above book in 1979.
It's one of my all time favorite books.  I cherish it.


The title is from Proverbs 25:11 -
"A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver."


I've been thinking about this verse a lot lately.  "A word fitly spoken".  There are so many times when my words are not "fitly spoken".  They're rushed, sometimes careless and often hurtful.  They're not the words I really want to say.


I pray that in my world of commitments and walking out my daily life I take the time to form my thoughts and my words so they're "like apples of gold in pictures of silver".

Some of the nuggets in this book...
  • "What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity."
  • "Children are a great comfort in your old age - and they help you reach it faster, too."
  • "All sunshine makes a desert."


Thanks for visiting ~ Reia

No comments: