Pages

Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Pin It

Widgets

Cancer Wife ~ Something Grew

This is such an interesting journey.  November 2017 was when Bill was coughing up blood and saying if it's lung cancer - I don't want to know about it.  Umm - if it's lung cancer, you'll know about it.


Fast track to March 2019...in remission since July 2018...CT scans every 3 months looking for new growth...March 4th CT Scan - new growth.  Bam!  We're in a new experience and what an amazing group of doctors we have.  Radiologist has a PET scan scheduled immediately, we see him right after.  Oncologist puts Bill's fears to rest - "I'm not going to use chemo for this."  Whew!  (Apparently that's the bar with my husband - the line between I'll be treated for this or I'm ready to meet my maker.)  Chemo kicked his butt.


The new growth (1cm grew to 1.6cm in 3 months) is scheduled to be biopsied next week - fiducial markers placed for radiation - radiation plan to be put in place - a couple of zaps and done.


I'm actually marveling at the tremendous job our team of doctors and their staff are doing.  I'm attaching reward dinners and a hotel stay since I don't do "early mornings" any more to the present testing.  (If my mama taught me anything, she taught me to be rewarded after something tough.)

Thanks for visiting ~ Reia 

No comments: