Pages

Thursday, March 14, 2019

Pin It

Widgets

Cancer Wife - Guess That's Me

Tonight I was asked to write about my experiences as the wife of a Cancer Patient...it will help someone.

Wow!  Brave face blown!  Real face revealed!  I am the wife of a man dealing with Cancer.  There it is - I said it.  I own it - I don't like it - in fact, I hate it.

I've never run from reality - I've run to reality and dealt with "worst case first".  If I can deal with the "worst case" then I can deal with what I'm facing.  It's worked well for me.  And then my husband of 20something years developed lung cancer.  The big bug-a-boo.

Truthfully - we've been blessed with incredible doctors and supportive staff.  I wasn't the person having the radiation zaps or the chemotherapy that zapped my husband to "stand up - pass out" status -  I was the was the person on constant alert should he "hit the floor".

So, I'll keep my promise and tell my story of what it's like to be the "Cancer" wife.  It's a life of prayer, faith and constant words of affirmation.

Thanks for visiting ~ more to come ~ Reia


No comments: