Pages

Friday, May 3, 2013

Pin It

Widgets

Pianomania ~ Steinway and Sons

I've been wanting to watch "Pianomania" for a long time and it was worth the wait. 



I found it fascinating as I watched Stefan Knupfer, a piano tuner from Steinway, constantly taking the Steinway(s) apart and tweak them over & over & over for his famous clients. 

All of my bad jobs from the past look easy after watching this young man work.

It has subtitles but it was fun to hear their words and read what they meant.




"Pianomania" is 1:33 in length.   I found the most interesting parts at 25 minutes, 48 minutes, 51 mins when Lang Lang performs and from 1:04 to the end.

You can virtually tour The Wiener Konzerthaus they're filming in at http://konzerthaus.at/konzerthaus_e/virtual_tour/

Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic License

(From www.imdb.com) - Pianomania
The Wiener Musikverein by Michal Osmenda, on Flickr

"Pianomania" follows Stefan Knüpfer, a piano tuner from Steinway and his famous clients Lang Lang, Brendel, Buchbinder and Pierre-Laurent Aimard as they search for the perfect pitch.


Thanks for visiting ~ Reia

PS - I watched "Pianomania" on Netflix.

No comments: